HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Saturday, November 25, 2023

HAND PAINTING ART ON RUSTY OLD CEILING TINS

     Ruth found these rusty old ceiling tins and asked me to paint something on them.  The design on the tins was so beautiful and I could see an urn with flowers.  Ruth had just built her country home and gave me the colors she was using in her master bedroom.  She wanted to hang these above her bed.  I love working with ceiling tins.  I have some that are so rusty, the rust has eaten holes in them.  But, they're still very beautiful!
To paint these, I didn't prime them.  I just painted a flat off white wall paint right over the rust, hoping that some of it might bleed back through.  
Only a little bit did and  it added to the aged look.  
She was very happy.  Me, too!

Original Post 
June 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment