HomeMi CasaTutorialsInteriors etcMurals and ArtworkPainted Furniture

Friday, June 22, 2012

HAND PAINTED DRESSER FOR MACHEN

     This is a three drawer chest that I painted for Machen.  It was an off white piece of furniture.  The windows, door and steps were already on the chest and were painted the same off white color. Machen's mom had me paint several pieces of furniture for her daughters and told me to paint whatever I wanted on the pieces.  So, I painted this one pink with dark green trim.  Then, I painted the scenes on the front and sides.  They had a large black standard poodle and I painted him on the lower left corner.  I tried to paint familiar things, that Machen would recognize.
     On one side, I painted a picket fence, a tree, clouds, flowers, butterflies and Machen waving at the butterflies.  On the other side, I painted a picket fence, a tree, flowers and clouds.
     I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I want to thank Machen's mom for letting me paint it for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment